Farm Market, Cafe & Bakery
Bob’s Barn came from a humble family farm that began in 1915 by Charlie and Ada Patterson. In 1965, their daughter Inez and her husband Robert Benson set up “Bob’s Barn,” a fruit stand to sell their farm’s produce.
While Bob was out working the fields, Inez would tend the fruit stand to sell produce they raised together. In addition to serving the local community, they had many customers from the neighboring states of Indiana and Illinois that came year after year for peaches and apples. Inez sent cards and notes to her customers, keeping them updated on all the happenings of the farm!
When Bob and Inez both passed away in 1996, the farm went to their daughter Lyn and her husband Ken Craig. Ken and Lyn reopened Bob's Barn with a lean-to on the end of the old barn in 1998, and eventually expanded into a new barn in 2004.
After nearly twenty years, Ken and Lyn passed the centennial farm along to their daughter Ashleigh and her husband Don Heidelberg. They are excited to carry on the family legacy of serving fresh baked goods and local produce to the community, as well as creating a fun atmosphere for families to come and enjoy!